As Christian adults, we have a moral and legal responsibility and are entrusted by God with the spiritual, emotional, and physical well-being of minors and vulnerable adults. As they participate in activities within or sponsored by our Parish and Diocese, it is our responsibility and commitment to provide a safe and nurturing environment.
All parishioners are encouraged and able to receive Safe Environment training. Any volunteer working directly with youth (under 18) or vulnerable adults is required to be Safe Environment cleared, including volunteers for Family Formation, Young Catholics, ushers, and lectors.
For first-time Safe Environment clearance at St. Martin of Tours, adults must
- Complete the online Safe Environment Screening Form.
- Read the Diocese of Dallas Safe Environment Manual, Sexual Misconduct Policy, and Social Media Policy.
- Attend the Recognizing, Responding and Reporting training session. Contact Allison Deuterman at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up in person training.
- Following the Recognizing, Responding and Reporting training session, applicants will have a 10-15 minute personal interview and picture taken.
To remain Safe Environment cleared, all cleared volunteers (including staff members) must annually update their Safe Environment training.
The Diocese of Dallas Safe Environment Database allows you to maintain your cleared status without leaving your home and on your own schedule. You do not need to download, print or send in any documentation to the church office. Once completed, the program will notify the church safe environment office that your training has been updated.
- Go to the Diocese of Dallas Safe Environment Database.
- Enter your name and street address and click Search to access your record. Your name and address must exactly match how it is listed in the database, so you may need to try several alternatives. If you still cannot access your record, contact Allison Deuterman at email@example.com. Once in the system, you may change your information as needed.
- Click on “update information and continue” at the bottom of the screen. This page lists all the Safe Environment classes you have taken.
- Immediately under the “Welcome Your Name” banner, click “View all Online Courses.”
- Select a different training course from your last submitted update training. Programs used consecutively will not be accepted.
- Complete the course.
- Once you complete your update training, if you have a current email address in the database you will receive a confirmation email from the Diocese.
To renew offline, attend one of the live Safe Environment training sessions offered throughout the Diocese or select classes via the Diocesan website, and fax, mail, or deliver the training certificate to the Parish office.